VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY
The contest is open to all residents in Canada who are over the age of majority at the Contest opening date. Parent/guardian consent required for minor participants.
The following individuals are not eligible:
- Members of VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY during the Contest Period
VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY personalities on air anytime between the start of the Contest Period and up until the prize is awarded
Employees of Sponsor/Prize Provider and their respective affiliates;
Any of the above persons’ immediate family (father/mother, brother/sister (including step brother/sister, half-brother/sister), son/daughter) and persons living under the same roof.
Where an entry is made on behalf of a group (i.e. class entry, school entry) which includes a person mentioned above, such a group’s entry may be allowed by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY in its sole discretion.
HOW TO ENTER
Depending on different formats, there will be specific instructions for each contest. Submission of an entry to the Contest signifies that you have read and agree to the Contest Rules. By submitting an entry to the Contest through the Website or any other electronic platform, you agree that the act of submitting the entry to the Contest is a binding form of your electronic signature, which you agree binds you to these Contest Rules.
Limit of one entry per person during the Contest Period. If you attempt or are suspected of attempting to enter more than the authorized amount, or use robotic, automatic, programmed or any other methods of participation not authorized by these Rules, it shall be deemed as tampering and will void your entries, votes or other results of such participation.
No submissions will be accepted after the above deadlines for any reason. Any entries received after the above deadlines will be void.
***THIS SECTION APPLIES ONLY IF YOU SUBMIT CONTENT AS PART OF THE CONTEST***
Your entry includes any and all content you contribute, post (text, photo, drawing, etc.), hashtag or otherwise submit in connection with the Contest.
You represent and warrant to VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY that you hold all of the required rights and authorizations to the content you submit to VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY. You have consent from any identifiable people appearing in your entry (including parental consent for minors) and all authorizations required to grant the license specified hereafter to VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY.
The following kind of content is prohibited:
Offensive and likely to expose an individual or a group of individuals to hatred or contempt on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age or mental or physical disability
Pornography, vulgarity, obscenity or sexually explicit content
Threats or suggesting committing a criminal act
Profane, libellous, defamatory, threatening, insulting or promoting any activities that may be illegal, inappropriate, unsafe, dangerous, or socially irresponsible
Attempts to mobilize people for any purpose outside of a VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY event
When the Contest is hosted on social media platforms, anything that does not comply with the Terms of Service and Rules of such social media platforms
Infringement upon any person’s, entity’s or organization’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights. For greater certainty, your entry may be ineligible (in VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY sole discretion) if it contains a third party’s copyright, trademarks or logos
Violates any law in Canada and/or
Defamatory misrepresented or disparaging remarks about VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY/Sponsor/Prize Provider or any other company, brand or person or and of their products
Any entry deemed by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY to be in violation of the above prohibitions or is otherwise inappropriate will be disqualified by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY in its sole and absolute discretion.
All content submitted to VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY will not be returned to you.
By submitting content to VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY in connection with this Contest, you grant VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY and Sponsor/Prize Provider a royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide license to publish, reproduce and distribute the content in all media, on all platforms and by any other means of communication they control or authorize in connection with this Contest and VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY contest promotion. You waive all moral rights to the content when used for these purposes. You authorize VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY and Sponsor/Prize Provider to use your name, image and voice, in their sole discretion, in conjunction with the use of your entry. Collective agreement provisions may apply. The list of winner(s) and winning entry/ies may be posted on the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY and Sponsor/Prize Provider platforms for an indefinite period after the close of the Contest.
***THIS SECTION ONLY APPLIES IF VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY HAS PROVIDED CONTENT FOR THIS CONTEST***
Use of VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY Content
You may only use content that is provided on VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY’s Website specifically for use in this Contest (“VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY Content”) and not any other content owned by the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY or found on VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY’s Website. You may only copy and use the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY Content to create and submit your entry and may not otherwise use, copy, modify, distribute, transmit, transfer, sell or exploit the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY Content. You shall have no right, title or interest in the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY Content, and will erase or destroy all copies of the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY Content upon submission of your entry. VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY is entitled to terminate your right to access or use any or all of the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY content at any time. You irrevocably assign, transfer and abandon all of your right, title and interest in and to your entry to VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY. Accordingly, VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY has the exclusive right to implement and authorize any provision under any law pertaining to intellectual property, including without limitation, the right to protect in its own name, as owner and author, your entry and any of its derivatives under law. Further, you agree that you may not use your entry, except as specifically indicated in writing by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY.
PROCEDURE FOR AWARDING PRIZES
After the Contest Period has ended, a qualification process will be conducted by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY representatives from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
The selected contestants from the submission poll shall be declared the winner, subject to meeting all the conditions described in these Rules.
Selected potential winner(s) will be contacted using the telephone number, email or social media account provided on or used for entry and should claim their prize as instructed by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY by no later than 7 days after the date and time they are initially contacted. If a potential winner does not claim their prize within such time, declines the prize, or is otherwise found to be ineligible, the prize shall be forfeited and VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY has the right, at its sole discretion, to select another potential winner, even if the potential winner’s name has already been publicly announced; forfeited prizes will not be awarded.
You may be required to provide proof of your name/identity/age as requested by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY in its sole discretion. If you fail to provide adequate proof you will be automatically disqualified from the Contest.
1. To be declared a winner of a prize, the selected contestants must first submit the entry
2. By entering the Contest, you:
Declare you have read, agree to and have complied with the Contest Rules;
Declare you meet all criteria to enter the Contest and to accept and participate in the prize (if awarded);
Agree that subject to the accuracy of the response to the submitted content/entry, if you are the winner of a prize, you agree to accept the prize as provided by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY/Sponsor/Prize Provider;
Consent and agree that your name, city/province of residence, image, statements and/or voice and your entry may be shared with Sponsor/Prize Provider and may be used for promotional and other purposes related to this Contest free of charge by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY/Sponsor/Prize Provider; your heirs, your successors and your assigns, release VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY and any Sponsor/Prize Provider as well as its/their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, agents, volunteers and employees (the “Contest Parties”) from all liability for any damages, compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise arising from your participation in this Contest, the use of your entry, and from the awarding, acceptance or use of the prize (if awarded).
3. If the prize allows the winner to be accompanied by one or more people anyone accompanying the winner in connection with the prize shall sign a release agreeing that their name, image and/or voice may be used for advertising purposes related to this Contest free of charge, and releasing the Contest Parties from all liability for any damage or loss arising from use of the prize.
4. The prize shall be accepted as is and may not be exchanged or refunded for an amount of money, sold or transferred. No substitutions will be allowed. Any portion of a prize not used for any reason will be forfeited.
5. If the prize cannot be awarded as described in these Rules, the Contest Parties reserve the right to substitute a prize or prize component with another of comparable value, as determined in their sole discretion. In no event will VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY or Sponsor be liable for more than the stated number of prizes available to be awarded.
6. Refusal to accept the prize or a portion of the prize releases the Contest Parties from any obligation toward the winner with respect to that prize/portion of the prize.
7. In the event of a dispute or complaint regarding whether an entry contravenes the Contest Rules, entries will be deemed to have been submitted in accordance with the Contest Rules, by the authorized account holder of the account used to submit the applicable entry. You may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY) that you are the authorized account holder of the account used to submit the applicable entry and, if applicable, that you have all necessary consents, permissions and/or licenses as required by these Contest Rules. If VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY determines (in its sole discretion) that an entry contravenes the Contest Rules, the entry will be automatically disqualified from the Contest.
8. The decisions of the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal, including, without limitation, any decisions regarding the eligibility/disqualification of entrants and/or entries.
9. VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY reserves the right to amend the Contest Rules or to terminate the Contest at any time without any liability to any contestant. Any amendments to these Contest Rules will be posted on the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY reserves the right to, without prior notice, adjust any of the dates and/or time frames stipulated in these Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in these Contest Rules, or for any other reason.
10. For the award of a prize by voting method, VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY reserves the right to cancel any vote deemed unlawful or illegitimate and to make adjustments accordingly in calculating the number of votes received by the participant.
11. The Contest Parties assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation: (i) lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, misdirected, late, destroyed, illegible or incomplete entries; (ii) loss, theft or damage to software or computer or telephone data, including any breach of privacy; (iii) fraudulent calls; (iv) inability of any person to participate in the Contest for any reason including but not limited to: mistaken addresses on mail or e-mail; technical, computer or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; lost, late, incomplete, illegible, incomprehensible or misdirected entries; bugs, failures in services, hardware or software transmission failure or loss, delayed or corrupted data transmission; congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing; (v) damage to any person’s computer, including as a result of playing or downloading any material relating to the Contest;
(vi) any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control, including a strike, lockout or other labor dispute at their location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose service s are used to administer this Contest; (vii) prizes that are lost, damaged or misdirected during shipping; (viii) loss, damage, defects, or inability to use the prize once awarded to the winner for any reason whatsoever.
12. Social media or other platforms used for this Contest, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, consultants, agents, volunteers and employees shall not be responsible for any damages, compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise, with respect to or in any way arising from damages to participants occasioned by participating in the Contest or downloading any information associated with the Contest.
13. You agree that in your use of social media or other platforms for this Contest, including but not limited to chat areas, and the registration and use of social media accounts, user names or group names, you will not use obscene, libelous or slanderous language, or language which infringes upon a third party’s trademark, trade name or other intellectual property right or right to privacy.
14. Contestants found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, including but not limited to acting in violation of these Rules, attempting to participate in the Contest more than the maximum number of times allowed, acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest, as determined by VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY, will be disqualified. The discovery of any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the contestant utilizing the same in VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY's sole and absolute discretion.
16. VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Contest in its sole discretion for any reason including but not limited to corruption of the security or proper administration of the Contest as a result of a bug, virus, tampering or other cause. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
18. If the identity of a contestant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the contestant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected contestant may be required to provide proof that (s)he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server.
19. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. All entries that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, using any robotic, automatic programmed method that artificially increases the odds of winning or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the rules may be disqualified by the VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY. VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Contest.
21. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with the terms as if such provision were not contained herein.
22. By entering, you agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of VIS MEDIA COMMUNITY, Sponsor/s Provider and/or the Judging Panel, which decisions are final and binding on all contestants.
23. The Contest shall be deemed to be entered into pursuant to, and your agreement to enter and abide by the rules of the Contest shall be construed, performed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. By your submission of the registration form, you agree to attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
If you have any accessibility requirements or special needs in relation to this Contest, please contact via
Vis Media Community